* We are camping out on inflatable mattresses until our stuff arrives. MB's has already deflated several times. He looks like a hot dog in a bun.
* Our stuff is coming on Saturday. Today was spent running around to the DMV and the electricity company and the city public works office to get parking permits for the moving van. We swear never to move again.
* I start with UNICEF on May 1st. Time to break down and get a computer and connectivity.
* MB is feeling accomplished. He managed to get a DC driver's license without having to take the driving test since he convinced the examiner that his Moroccan license (in Arabic) is still valid. Plus he has registered to be a travel agent part time, and we see the admissions for grad school tomorrow.
* Today I bought a turkey and cheese sandwich from a Mauritanian woman at Starbucks who wore her headscarf underneath her baseball cap.