I've been on several self-improvement kicks before, with varying degrees of success, but somehow turning 42 motivated me more than when I had my 40th birthday.
42: The answer to life, the universe and everything
So here's what I decided:
* a shopping ban on clothes for a month
* using anti-aging products more consistently
* signing up for classes in public speaking, plus-size modeling, belly-dancing, and fencing
* hiring Sal for a long-distance fashion/beauty consult
* researching meditation and yoga classes for next spring
* reading one professional article per day
* changing the part in my hair
* using teeth whitening strips
* getting a professional bra-fitting (and new bras) at Coup de Foudre (and talking to the nice French salesladies in French)
* coloring my hair and getting a makeover/make-up lessons at the Aveda Institute
* new glasses
* using my stupid CPAP machine and wearing my wrist splints every night
* writing up a schedule for journal writing and scripture study
* organizing and pre-packing my travel items, so that all I have to do is choose and pack the blouses I want to wear (suit, shoes, and so on are pre-packed)
* upgrading the daily stuff I use, like purchasing a leather notebook cover from the Levenger Outlet on Ebay
* ETA and a haircut!
Anyway. Here's to a good 43rd year.