or, my life in bullets:
* had a great and productive second visit in two weeks to Nairobi. I got bumped up to business/first class ("world executive business"?) both ways.
* on my flight from Boston to Amsterdam I awoke to find a young Sudanese woman next to me who'd fallen sick. Luckily the flight was full of doctors returning from an international conference. No one ever said "miscarriage" though the discussion centered on, are you still bleeding? how far were you along? is this your first?
* tonight is the DC Cal alum association annual reception and I'm coming down with a cold. Of course.
* I leave the day after T-Day for Dakar and then Pretoria. I hope to catch up with congogirl south of the equator.
* we drove to the wilds of Manassas to see the Bayanihan Philippine Dance Company. The most striking pieces commemorated pearl divers (complete with dancers suspending above the stage to simulate diving) and tableaux based on works of a famous early 20th century Filipino artist, Fernando Amorsolo.
* unbelievably, MoBob won at minature golf at the H St. Country Club even though it was his first time. We were all crushed.