* Jazz Hip Hop Nutracker Very cute! and true to the original.
* Christmas Eve party where I played the part of an angel during a reading of Luke 2; MoBob was a shepherd, appropriately enough.
* Midnight Mass at the "almost Catholic" Parish of St. Monica and St. James, where the African-American minister was thrilled to find a Mormon and a Muslim attending services.
* MB read Sura 19 in the Koran in French.
* Opened presents! a tool kit and grooming kit for MB, a cookbook and a CD for me.
* Christmas Day open house with a friend who served as a Peace Corps volunteer in Morocco, where we ate too much, and listening to kids play violins and trumpets, met a couple who'd converted to Buddhism, and another couple who lived in Ouagadougou.
* watched Prince Caspian and A Charlie Brown Christmas.
* visited the National Museum of American History and left quickly because of the hordes of tourists, and went instead to see the exhibits at the National Portrait Gallery: Women of Our Time and Portraiture Now.
and best of all: slept in.