Leave me a comment saying "Resistance is Futile."
• I'll respond by asking you five questions so I can satisfy my curiosity
• Update your journal with the answers to the questions
• Include this explanation in the post and offer to ask other people questions
1. Where would you like visit (must be somewhere you haven't been before) and why? Where would you like to live?
I would really like to explore more of Asia. If I had to pick one country, it'd be India, because it's so large and diverse, and influenced so many other places and cultures. I don't know where I would live - I love DC for the moment!
2. What is your dream job?
My dream job would involve a lot of sleeping and eating. Haven't figured out how to monetize those activities yet.
3. What sorts of things were you into in high school? Cheerleader? Jock? glee? :)
I was president of the local chapter of Junior State of America! And I was a Keywanette! (Junior Girl Kiwani)
4. What's the last book you read? Did you like it?
Around the World in 80 Dates, written by a former editor at Lonely Planet. It was a pretty good combination of travelogue and chick lit.
5. Is there anywhere in DC that you haven't visited yet that you'd like to?
Oh gosh, amazingly, yes. Here's my updated list. Most of these places are hard to get to without a car, or I just haven't gotten around to organizing myself. At least now I'm getting to some of the more obscure touristy sites.
Mary McLeod Bethune Historic Site
Mansion on O St.
Old Stone House
Rock Creek Park Planetarium
US Naval Observatory (Apprently tours are rare and sporadic)
Washington Monument (I know, I know)
White House (I keep badgering MoBob to get the Moroccan Embassy to set up a visit for us)
Woodrow Wilson House
1. do you think you'll ever get tired of d/g?
2. will you start posting regularly again? (I miss you!)
3. what has being Milo's mom taught you?
4. are you working on a novel or other fiction that's not fandom-related?
5. what you think is going right with the conservative movement right now? or wrong?
On December 17th, 2009 12:51 pm (UTC), (Anonymous) commented:
Washington Memorial=meh. But I guess you really have no excuse.
Did you hear about the family that had set up a White House tour with a congressperson and accidentally showed up a day early and was invited in to a breakfast function with the Obamas? I say it is worth a try, just don't bring your Bravo TV camera crew.
1. how do you manage to find time for yourself with such an active life and family?
2. what is your secret for a happy and healthy marriage?
3. how do you come up with fresh ideas for d/g fic?
4. would you become a professional actress?
5. what is the best part of being a mom of boys?
1. if you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
2. is motherhood anything like you had expected?
3. what do you like best about d/g?
4. you seem like a really creative, artistic person - once the kids are a little older, what would you like to work on?
5. how did you and R meet?
1. how does being engaged feeling different from dating/living together?
2. do you consider yourself a Little Rockian now?
3. I really like your posts because they seem so cozy and domestic - what does "home" mean to you? (either physical or symbolic, or both)
4. how much overlap is there between your LJ and FB friends?
5. what is the secret to a perfect pie crust?