Faithful readers may recall that I have often referred to the "consultant" look. Or, as MoBob would say, "très consultante." I poke gentle fun at this style, because it's so prevalent and distinguishable.
* loose, unstructured clothing in earth tones or bright colors, and made with organic materials (bonus points if sewn by personal tailor/seamtress from overseas)
* flamboyant accessories such as sexy eyeglass frames, ribbon lanyards, matching feathers
* ethnic jewelry (the bigger, the better - extra points if it's some sort of religious/cultural symbol)
* favorite vendors: Eileen Fisher, Chicos, JJill, any fair trade store
* favorite source countries: Nepal, India, Morocco, Guatemala, Mali
* optional accessory: younger third-world boyfriend
My necklace from India purchased from Ten Thousand Villages.