I can't believe we only spent two and a half days in Southern California. We were kindly hosted by clynne and erich_schneider. It was great spending time with them. Of course, we had the real California experience by spending most of our time on the freeways.
Some exciting highlights:
* GPS is addictive
* MoBob got a ticket for forgetting to put on his seat belt the first day there
* MB admitted that In-N-Out burgers are the best on earth
* You know you've got real friends when it doesn't matter how long it's been since you've seen them
* Disneyland looks real small when you're an adult
* Roller coasters are traumatizing if you've never been on one before (MB)
* I discovered I was actually well-liked in high school
* Sunset Strip isn't very exciting in the day time
* The Hollywood sign is very high
The reunion wasn't as awful as I'd thought. I was really touched when, on the alumni questionnaire, a couple of people had put me down as the former student they'd like to see again. Everyone looked great - so much more confident and relaxed than when we were in school. And yeah, I do have a cool life.
ETA: I can't believe I forgot to mention that MB fell in love with the Goodyear blimp.